FOLLOW ALONG: Sunday’s contest will air live on ESPN+.
UP NEXT: Should the Beavers advance beyond Sunday’s game, Oregon State will face either Lipscomb or Western Michigan at Lorenz Field in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament.
– The Beavers are the No. 8 seed heading into the NCAA Tournament.
– Joran Gerbet has been named Pac-12 Player of the Year, joining Danny Mwanga, Khiry Shelton and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the award.
– Gerbet was joined on the Pac-12 First Team by Clarence Awoudor and Mouhameth Thiam. Gael Gibert and Javier Armas made the Second Team, while Dante Williams and Nicklas Lund earned Honorable Mention.
– Oregon State finished the regular season 5-0-2 against ranked opponents, and 3-0-2 against opponents ranked in the top-10.
– Clarence Awoudor and Javier Armas have both earned Pac-12 Player of the Week honors this season.
– Oregon State has earned at least a draw in each of its last eight games, with three wins and five ties over that span. That run includes four-straight contests against top-six ranked opponents (vs. No. 5 Stanford, vs. No. 6 Portland, vs. No. 1 Washington and at No. 5 Stanford).
– With six draws so far this season, OSU has already set its single-season high for ties, passing the mark of four previously set in 2005, 2008 and 2021. The NCAA removed overtime from the regular season beginning this year.
– The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, as they went 14-2-4, won the Pac-12 and entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. 1 overall seed.
– Oregon State made the final eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
– The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming in Terry Boss‘ four years as head coach
– Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .654
– The Beavers welcomed 17 newcomers to this year’s squad
– Oregon State has representatives of nine different countries on its roster: USA, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, and Senegal
– The Beavers welcome in three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Wasswa, Sergi Nus and Alex Rangel
– Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz all return to the Oregon State squad after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
– Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite playing only 12 matches due to injury
– Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, and has now scored in five of Oregon State’s last seven contests.
– The Beavers are 34-7-10 at home during Boss’ tenure
– OSU has not lost in its last nine Pac-12 home matches
– Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all MLS Draft selections following their Beavers careers)
– Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State field players with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 matches on the OSU back line.
– Lund also leads the Beavers in minutes played this season.
– Oregon State is 7-18-0 all-time against Portland, and 6-5-0 in contests played in Corvallis
– The Beavers have won the last three meetings between the two sides.
– Oregon State took down Portland 3-2 earlier this season, with Clarence Awoudor, Mouhameth Thiam and Ellis Spikner scoring in the contest.